About: Lunchclub is an AI superconnector backed by a16z that makes introductions for 1:1 lunch and coffee meetings. Our mission is to power a future of work where making new connections is easy, meaningful, and fun.
I was fortunate enough to be selected as the first "official" PM for Lunchclub where I got to explore and learn the different responsibilities and action items that come in working at high growth startup.
Here is a summary of my contributions:
- User Interviews
- Had countless interviews with many different types of users (new, unhappy, excited, etc.) and documented all the feedback in specific templates
- From the feedback, I extracted certain commonalities/trends and wrote product specs for solutions to keep our users engaged and happy 🙂
- Learned how to take charge of the calls I made and how to politely extract as much valuable information in ~15 mins
- Product Database
- Created an Airtable to organize the plethora of product ideas for Lunchclub based on the following categories: user engagement, new user growth, monetization, and external growth
- Prioritized the 100+ ideas based on engineering efforts, alignment to Lunchclub mission, feedback from users, etc.
- On the more pressing ideas, I wrote up quick product specs and did analysis on them (fit into Lunchclub's mission, engineering load, justification, etc.)
- (Not implemented) Brainstormed strategy for external growth tactics such as campus ambassador programs and growth in the Austin area
- User Personalization
- Helped develop the personalization page launch for users to effectively pick their most valued objectives out of Lunchclub
- Team helped me reiterate on this before launch - was a great learning lesson!